Friday, November 14, 2008

Crash, bang ... SQUISH!

Fact: When giant champagne-colored SUV suburbans are pitted against small green Saturns, the SUV will always win. (I'll post pictures when my camera's working again.)

I went car shopping last night. There are all kinds of cars on the market right now. It's a buyer's market. I found a really great car for a fantastic deal. The only problem? Everyone I've talked to hates PT Cruisers. "They're ugly!" "They remind me of a hearse." "Why would you do that to yourself?"

It doesn't matter to me what I drive. I've never been very vain about my car. Just look at the last vehicle I owned. (It's at Brett's towing yard if you want to see it.) I just want it to last longer than the payments and be the vehicle that doesn't crumble like aluminum foil the next time I'm in a wreck.

So what do you think? Do I keep looking until I find something with equally great value -- the Cruiser has leather seats and seat warmers, a bit more than I've been able to find in any other car in my price range -- but is more aesthetically pleasing? Or do I buy the hearse?

3 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Um...my grandma loves hers -- does that help?

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I would probably buy it. I just have such a strong reaction to large(r) vehicles that I wouldn't be able to.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. And this headline reminds me of the one that ran the other week and I want to add "Oh! You're not my boyfriend!" to the end of it :D