Friday, September 7, 2012

Farewell to a blog..

It's time for a new start.

When I started this blog four years ago, I was 23. I was fresh home from an LDS mission and I dreamed of becoming a great writer. I put down a few posts, some creative writing pieces I'm rather fond of, and then less than a year later, headed to law school. The blog changed but it still felt like a relevant space to me for a time. But time, marriage, continued law school education, maturity, and experience all ended up shaping me into an entirely different person than I was and I'm ready to move on from this place.

So here's where you can find me now:
mayitpleasethecook.wordpress.com/ and theedwardsfiles.blogspot.com

The first site is my personal blog. I will be the only author and hope you'll follow me over there. I plan to be much more frequent in my posting and am really hopeful that you'll find the things I choose to post about interesting, discussion provoking, and worth your time. At the very least, it will be better than this blog has been of late.

The second blog will be a family blog and will require an invite. Dave might post occasionally, and it will have photos and details about our lives I don't really want the entire internet to have access to, and basically will be a way to show off cute pictures of our kid to friends and family who are far away, as well as a way for me to document our lives without having to scrapbook. Scissors and glue guns scare me. Hopefully it will also keep the first blog from getting over-run with mommy gushiness, helping me keep true to issues and topics I really want to keep discussing. But if cute kid pictures and vacation photos are your thing, then definitely e-mail me or leave a comment for an invite.

So thanks for sticking with me. I've loved blogging here and I'll definitely keep this site up if only for my own amusement. Sometimes its fun to go back and look at what were you thinking about four years ago and remember who you were.




4 comments:

Jonie Marie said...

I would love an invite to your family blog. I am dying to see your daughter and would love a way to keep up with you and Dave.

joniemarie85 @ gmail dot com

Token Asian Friend said...

Good luck!

Emma said...

I'd love an invite too! emmalucya@gmail.com

Jenni Rigby said...

I don't think you actually use glue guns to scrapbook...