Saturday, August 22, 2009

On honeymoons ...

Place: Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Time: Third night of honeymoon, around 3 a.m. (I'm out COLD!!! )

"OH NO!!!!"

Dave sits up straight in bed shouting. The motion and noise wake me and I turn alarmed to see a very panicked husband.

"What's going on?" I reach out for his arm.

"The marsupial is changing in the locker above us," he says urgently.

Silence. I pull back. My still fuzzy brain is slow to process ... Did he just say what I think he said? Do I remember the definition of the word marsupial at 3 in the morning?

"Honey ... what?"

"You know. Kangaroo," he tries again, patiently rewording his response. "It's changing in the locker above us."

"I'm sorry but can you say that again? I'm really confused."

Brain finally realizes he may not be awake.

He looks straight at me then up at the ceiling.

"Oh," he says. "Don't worry about it."

A few hours later as we're getting ready for the day he has absolutely NO recollection of any kangaroo or of waking me up.

Married less than a week and already finding marriage amazingly entertaining!!

5 comments:

Philip Volmar said...

Hahaha It probably only gets better from there too. Glad you guys are having fun in Australia...I mean Mexico.

Cari said...

Sleeping together is one of the biggest adjustments to marriage. I can still remember my brother-in-law's face when he got back from his honeymoon and announced his new bride talked in her sleep.

Sierra said...

Marriage is fun like that! You will never run out of fun stuff like that to find out about your significant other. It's what keeps life interesting :-)

Steph said...

it only gets better. and weirder.

Kristen said...

This is definitely how I've always imagined marriage. . . .ergo why I'm not married, I suppose. Still, it sounds like fun. I'm dying to hear more about life and marriage and law school. Let's catch up soon!