Saturday, April 2, 2011

April ...

What's awesome about April...

General Conference
Beautiful flowers coming up in our yard ... that we totally didn't have to plant because they are annuals. Yay for mooching off the hard work and foresight of the people we are house sitting for.
Finals. The last day of finals and that "Whew! We did it!" feeling is always among the best in the semester.
Good weather
Blue skies
Easter!

What's not so awesome about April...
Finals + good weather. 1) How much good does the sunshine do when you're stuck in the law library? 2) Three consecutive all-nighters to get two major projects turned in combined with a trip to my favorite food cart in SLC (the warm weather seduced me into walking a couple blocks for cheap food) led to some massive food poisoning and my body basically shutting down on me once everything got turned in.

What big plans we have for April:
Dave's brother is leaving on his mission.
Law Review write-on
Curry!
Night-hikes

And on a completely unrelated note ... guess who's going to the Selena Gomez concert in September? My little brother (junior high) is adorably in love with the Disney pop star. Considering I've only been to one or two concerts since I went to the Backstreet Boys when I was his age, maybe I should get me to some more "grown up" music this summer as well.



3 comments:

Michael and Julie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE April too! Almost as much as I LOVE/MISS/NEED-TO-SEE you.... soon! I'm so stinkin proud of you for all of your hard work you're putting in. Miss your face

Miranda said...

Yay curry!

Sierra said...

I concur with all your love and hates of April... so bittersweet :-)