Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No escape ...

It follows me. Everywhere.

By about the third time I had tripped out of the van and fallen on my face, Luke caught onto the fact that I'm clumsy.

"You're just like Bella!" he exclaimed.

"Excuse me?"

"You know ... Bella from Twilight? She's such a clutz."

And the only movie showing last night on the island's sole movie theatre (where, by the way, they have to turn off the air conditioning half way through the movie because electricity is a luxury)? Eclipse.

Sigh ... Thank you Stephanie Meyer for my new Samoan nickname and for infiltrating the world. Like fast food and celebrity gossip, you are some of the best our culture has to export abroad.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Ugh. That makes me nauseated.me

Thor Malone said...

Embrace it... ahhh. :)

Johanna said...

Hahaha, this post made me laugh because I caved and read the first book while I was here in India. You look like you are having a great time. I send love.